Are you ready to start the new year off the right year? Well, if you do it's time to change your daily habits. After all, it's the things you do every day that shape your life. If you want to make positive change in your life start making the tips below a part of your life.
Start Well and End Well
One habit that you should bring into the new year is having a morning routine and an evening routine. This will enable you to have a good start and pleasant finish to every day. Your morning and evening routine should be based on self care, because self care is necessary if you want to feel good.
Here are a few ideas for your morning routine:
- Start the day with some fun music.
- Put on a scented candle or incense.
- Read something inspirational.
- Take time to stretch.
- Meditate, pray, or listen to positive affirmations.
- Drink a glass of lemon water.
- Savor a cup of tea or coffee.
- Text someone you love a kind message.
- Write down five things you're grateful for.
- Plan your day.
Here's a few ideas for an evening routine:
- Drink a cup of relaxing tea
- Listen to some gentle music.
- Put on a cozy outfit.
- Read a new book.
- Go on a short walk.
- Put on an oil diffuser.
- Take a warm bath.
- Turn the lights off and put on a few candles.
- Write down what you're looking forward to tomorrow.
- Go to sleep early.
Don't Drink Sweetened Beverages
An easy way to reduce sugar in your diet is to stop drinking sweetened beverages. Go to your grocery store and pick out a new herbal tea to drink throughout the day. Put lemon or lime juice in your water. Put an unsweetened natural creamer in your coffee.